As one of our writers said, he used to be a weird author until he started developing his skills. The methods are shown in the list below. Every technique helped to improve the author’s abilities.
1. Kill ItFirst, you need to kill your inner voice, which always gives you a piece of advice about how to form your thought better. Get rid of filters. Let yourself to become a creator. Edit your text after it was written.
2. Attract Your ReaderAs out author says, any story should be started from its most interesting part. No matter which part of a plot or story it belongs to. This rule works for any stories: books, essays, stories for friends etc.
3. The Shorter – The BetterIn 1975, there was introduced a special test to estimate texts’ readability: Flesch-Kincaid test. It helps to determine a level of education required for the reader to easily perceive and understand the written text. One of estimating parameters – correlation between total words and total sentences which were used to compose the writing.
4. DavidAugust of the year 1504. The crowd is amazed by the statue of David, created by Michelangelo. Then, one little boy interested to the sculptor: “How did you make such an amazing masterpiece?” Michelangelo answered: “That was easy. I only had to get rid of everything that wasn’t looking like David”. To have something to edit, you need something written. Write everything you can, and then start throwing away all the unneeded parts. Like Michelangelo did with David’s statue.
5. Sound What Is WrittenPronounce everything you write in order to make sure your text sounds naturally. Simple, easy and effective way of making your writing good.
6. Every Sentence Is to Be ValuableEvery sentence is to add something new to your text, to move the story forwards. You can throw away sentences which don’t make sense, and you won’t feel any regrets after.
7. Stability in TrainingThe best sign that you need to sit down and to write at least something is the feeling that you don’t want to write anything at all. It will help you to catch up with your rhythm. Teach yourself to write a lot.
8. Read Every DayHave you listened to different podcasts? Our author does this every week, and one of the most popular questions to guests there is “What do you read?”. And there was no answer like “Nothing”. Do you know why? Because those people read something on purpose.
9. Non-fiction or FictionHere is the point: read the literature of all genres first. Scientific literature helps people to widen their outlook, and fictional writings help them to uncover creative potential and to improve writing skills. But keep in mind: it’s not enough just to read some books. Those books are to be good ones.
10. Make Notes
11. Do Not Miss PossibilitiesOnce lost, possibility can’t be brought back. Catch any of them.
12. Get and Process Your Feedbacks50 years ago, it took author some years in order to write a book, then to publish it, and then to find out what the readers think of it. Nowadays it is possible to write a short article during half an hour, edit it and publish in the net. Readers’ response time: instant.
13. Share Your EmotionsDo not be afraid of sharing your thoughts and emotions to the reader. These components allow you to make your text more “sticky”.
14. Don’t Fear to Be Newbie“I am not an expert in this. My buddy knows a lot more about it, so I shouldn’t even start writing such a text.” Does it sound familiar to you? Throw it away! These thoughts strangle your creativity.
15. Take Care of the ReaderIn the age of informational overload, it is extremely difficult to hold your reader’s attention. In order for the reader to easily perceive your text, divide it into chapters and subchapters, divide every topic by its title and so on.
16. Begin from the EndWriter must hold the point which he wants to lead the leader to in their head. Since the very first moment of writing a text.